Monday, February 15, 2010

Reflective Blog #1 TEACHER BLOGS

Doug Johnson-Director of Media and Technology: http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com/
This blog site is a little different, as far as format is concerned, from how the other blog sites I have reported on are formatted.  Some of the general topics include: A history of books and some information about Second Life.  I find both these areas to be quite interesting because we have discussed them in class.  The layout is very unique.  The timeline that is at the beginning of the blog is very original and details the history of books.  The menus, colors, and graphics are all done very well but I would have liked to see some videos because they seem to make the sites more diverse.  Overall, I would definitely recommend this site to other educators.

Dan Meyer – High School Math Teacher: http://blog.mrmeyer.com/
This blog site is by far the best one I have come across.  It looks very professionally done and stands head and shoulders above all others I have thus far visited and/or critiqued. The blog site has several videos that are appealing and somehow have found a way to incorporate an educational value into them. The color scheme is IDEAL!  The blog site looks like it is in Hi-Def with full 1080p.  It is simply amazing. The site has some 3 dimensional qualities that I have not seen before within other blogs.  The colors match, the site is appealing to the eye, and I would definitely recommend this blog to anyone who is interested in knowing how to really make an excellent blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment